DesignSmart Version 6 Enhancements
All of the enhancements below are in comparison to the initial release of Version 5. Later releases of Version 5.x had some of the enhancements listed below:
- Access your DesignSmart data from any internet connected computer. No more software to install
- Overall faster than previous versions of DesignSmart when accessed over the internet.
- Perhaps the most important enhancement is that all clients will receive quarterly upgrades.
- This means your system will always contain the most up-to-date software available.
- The product library saves designers time by allowing them to use the same product for multiple items.
- When a product’s details are modified, all items with that product are updated automatically.
- Set when product prices expire and automatically send Request For Quotes (RFQs) to vendors for current pricing.
- Simplifies the process of developing model rooms, spaces, or hotel schemes.
- The new “Companion” web extension makes it easy to bring data from the manufacturer’s website directly into DesignSmart. The Companion does not work with previous versions of DesignSmart.
- Enter materials and finishes to create schedules quickly and easily.
- Create comprehensive Gantt charts that your clients can view online.
- The user interface has been simplified.Options are available to include thumbnail and/or large images on proposals.
- View a complete budget breakdown on the same page as the proposal.
- Show primary images and component images on the same sheet.
- Crop and rotate images within DesignSmart.
Default Ship To Addresses
- The number of predefined “Ship To” addresses have been increased from 1 to 4.
- Users have more control when taxes are applied to items and sub-charges.
- The time required to create large specification PDFs has been reduced by 70% .
- Generating specs can be done “in the background” so the user’s computer is not tied up.
- New options to include a preamble and/or the schedule when generating specifications.
- A designer can opt to receive an email when large PDF specifications have been completed.
- New “Condensed” specification format allows component images on the primary specification.
- New multi-image page layouts.
- Attachments are included in the page numbering of the spec.
- Indicate if your firm’s logo is placed above all attachment PDFs.
- New option for assigning items to guestrooms or areas.
- New ability to indicate if attachments are to be appended to specifications, purchase orders, both, or neither.
- Templates have been enhanced to include optional pull-down responses.
- Templates can be assigned to "Types" and "Categories" to improve the performance of The Companion.
- Add predefined notes to POs.
- Automatically have attachment PDFs append to POs.
- Enhanced user interface for setting access levels and security settings.